Re: [TenTec] Sherwood rig measurements

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sherwood rig measurements
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:42:24 +0200
Rob Sherwood (himself) is indeed the measurement, but his list is not the
measurement.
The list reflects DR3 performance in a lab using 2 signals.  That's all.
It does not reflect real life condx on a crowded band in a big contest.
Things change significantly when the interference is coming from many strong
signals and not just 2.
It is impossible (not financially feasible) to measure this in a lab.

Rob clearly states this.
If you guys are really interested in this topic, you should take every
opportunity to listen to and even watch Rob present on the topic.  He gives
lots of examples where rigs near the top of the list break down under real
life condx.

There are at least 4 or 5 of Rob's presentations for which there are audio
files or videos accompanying them.
Listen to what Rob says and don't put all of your focus into his list.

In an earlier email I listed several examples Rob uses to show how else
performance can deteriorate.

73
Rick, DJ0IP