Re: [TenTec] Super Service as Usual !

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Super Service as Usual !
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:24:35 -0400
I bought a Jupiter on eBay by accident. Yeah... I was not really looking to buy another radio, but I recognized the seller as the son of a local ham (SK,) so I posted a moderately low bid to up the price a tad, expecting my bid to be eclipsed in the last hours of the auction. I only bid to help the kid out a little ... so, I guess I ended up helping him out a lot more than I planned.

        Fortunately my WIFE was in favor of the deal
        and SHE supplied the rationale for keeping
        it !   Man, am I a smart guy for picking her!

Unfortunately, the rig pulled too much current off the power supply... so I returned it to TT HQ. I sent it in on a Friday, and it was on the bench by Tuesday, and Gary emailed and phoned me on Wednesday to bring me up to date on his progress. It was back early the next week. It received a brain transplant, and an alignment at the TT spa.

Perhaps they are getting backed up now, but I received rather prompt service, good communication, and rapid return - especially considering Memorial Day came in the middle of the time.

Ah... the very sort of service TT is famous for.

I hope it works that way for everyone! It is no fun having a rig in for service, and the waiting is a drag, but I cannot complain about the service I have received in the past few years.