Re: [TenTec] 565 Low level audio on headphones

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565 Low level audio on headphones
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:02:32 -0500
Here's an excellent choice in headphones:

This is the professional series. Just like a TIMEX.....will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-MDR7506/

Driver size is 40mm
Impedance is 63 ohms
Sensitivity is 106 dB/W/m

Granted they cost more than $19.95 but they are well worth the extra bucks as just about every part is available as a replacement if needed. And if you blow a driver, order a replacement. These new headphones can be obtained for under $100 at most places.

This is the consumer/DJ series:
http://store.sony.com/p/DJ-headphones/en/p/MDRV6#specifications

Driver size is 40mm
Impedance is 63 ohms
Sensitivity is 106 dB/W/m

These can be had at most places for about $68.00 or so at most places. You can also get replacement ear pads for these too.

Most good headphones will have an impedance of 25 to 65 ohms and a sensitivity of 100 dB/W/m or better. Driver size will be 30mm to 45mm. Actual weight for closed back headphone will range from 7 oz to about 9 oz. And expect to spend upwards of $50 or more for new ones. Good ones will have replacement parts available, drivers, cords, cushions and such.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>