Re: [TenTec] Wire Gauge Table

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Wire Gauge Table
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:00:01 -0400
Golly, JB... your condescension is showing again...      ;-)

Some hams forget ham radio is merely a hobby, and not a career, for many
of us lacking a proper engineering degree, and who pursued careers
outside radio electronics.  I EXPECT YOU to know this stuff as it
applies to your professional career.   A good Elmer does not criticize
the novice as he learns.   I presume the novice could poke fun at YOU
you when it comes his line of expertise.

QST is INTENDED to APPEAL TO THE MASSES.  It is supposed to have
something for everyone ranging anywhere from the novice to expert
designer.  The novice-level articles are intended for dummies like me!

Which is why I appreciate the contributions of so many real experts in
groups like this... I have learned loads of useful information from guys
like you and Bob and all the other guys for whom this may have been a
career - people must often pay big money for expert opinions, while here
we get it gratis.   Thanks.

Just MY take, anyway...          ;-)

> On 7/28/2012 3:13 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

>> his contributions are almost the only reason worth reading
the heavily dumbed down QST nowadays.