Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's wrong with the Ten Tec Scout?
From: "al sirois" <alsirois@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 06:27:54 -0400

I love the Scout, Michael Goltz:

I use the internal keyer all the time about 18 - 30 wpm.

I don't see problems w/ drift. It's a single defined receiver, so, sometimes
the vfo nob needs small adjustment. But it settles down.

I've had three of them and currently keep one by my bedside table on a 68 ft
longwire thru a T-T #277 tuner. ( I have two of these tuners, so if you need
a good tuner for this rig that is not too big, I'll sell you my spare for
$100.- shipped ).

Al Sirois, N1MHC
P.O. Box 2
East Boothbay, ME 04544