[TenTec] Ten-Tec firsts???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec firsts???
From: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 02:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
I'm a supporter of Ten-Tec but am not sure of all of those claimed "firsts".

First 100 watt HF Solid state transceiver? I  don't think so. For example the
Atlas 100 watt 180 and the 210 transceivers preceded the Triton by at least a
year (1974).

Also the Swan SS-100 and SS-200 series were introduced in late 1974.

Also the 1980 Hercules (444) was not a legal limit amp. Unless you are claiming
the earlier 1KW input legal limit definition? It was rated at 1200 watts INPUT
on SSB and 1000 watts input on SW. I've got one that is still fully
operational. It uses two 600 watt input modules each containing a pair of
transisters in push-pull running at 45 volts Vcc. Output is typically (CW
keydown) about 500 to 600 watts.

Pioneered tunable crystal filters? I don't think so. The Collins 75A1 had them
in 1949, the slightly more refined Collins 75A2 had them in 1952, etc..

See:
http://www.wa3key.com/75a1.html

73,
Doug/WA1TUT