Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Relay Clicking Correction

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Relay Clicking Correction
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:53:25 -0400
Tom,

As I recall, the only relays used in the Omni 6+ are on the low-pass filter
board, and the reed relay used for T/R (transmit/receive).  Since the
chatter problem manifests with the 80m panel button, it seems that if it is
indeed induced by a relay, then the noise should be coming from the LP
filter board.

At the very least, try opening both the top and bottom covers (4 black
screws, each cover).  Then, inspect all the white header connectors and
ensure they're firmly seated.  To visually access all the headers may
require removal of the bottom aluminum plate.  The plate is fastened by both
machine and sheet metal screws.  Apart from that, diagnosis of the root
cause will require methodical investigation.  If you're not comfortable
proceeding at that level of work, then it's time to contact TT's repair
department.

Paul, W9AC