Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:53:37 -0500
I think the answer is YES - the encoders have a little play in them, and
spin really easily because, as you know, they ARE encoders.   I have
older gear with luxurious-feeling controls ... but I never gave the Omni
VII knobs a thought and had the radio several months before anyone told
me I should not like it.

I don't think we should compare the feel of these new encoders to the
feel of the older pots and other controls.   Apples and oranges sort of
thing.  Different ways to skin the cat.    (Additional cliches
deleted...)

But, this is just MY take on the matter... your mileage may surely vary
- and at the price we paid for these little gadgets, ... well... you are
definitively entitled to an opinion !       ;-)

Happy Trails.