[TenTec] Century/22 tapping rx freq for digital counter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century/22 tapping rx freq for digital counter
From: VE3XGB <ve3xgb@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:04:59 -0500
Hi all,

I've got a digital freq counter and wanted to use it as a digital freq readout
on my Century/22 but I can't seem to find a 'source' in the rig.  The circuit
diagram shows the mixer as a UPC1037 (?) IC but mine has a MC1496P.

Anyway I found the data sheet for the MC1496P double-balanced mixer and it
would seem to suggest that pins 6 and 12 were the output but when on 80m I
couldn't find a 3.5XX MHz signal on any pins.  I can see the 10.000 MHz band
crystal output and I can see the 6.5 MHz PTO output (difference in the 3.5XX
range) but nothing 3.5XXX

Thanks for any suggestions