Re: [TenTec] Orion with Dying Receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion with Dying Receiver
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:27:02 -0600
I've lost track of the number of radios I've fixed by tightnening ground
and board mounting screws direct or by suggestion. Vibration makes them
work loose, and the plastic shrinks from the pressure to relieve that
pressure (dictionary definition of "plastic"). Sometimes I like to add
aggressive lock washers (external tooth "shake proof") under the screw
heads to get a better bite and to hold pressure a little longer.

73, Jerry, K0CQ