Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ - no output on 12M/10M and omni 6+/ power issue

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ - no output on 12M/10M and omni 6+/ power issue
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:18:51 -0600
Actually according to the 564 manual and the schematics in it, the low
pass filters are switched with relays. The band pass filters (used for
both transmit and receive) are diode switched and unique to each band.
Further the 10 and 12 meter LO pass filter is the same. Another is
shared between 15 and 17, and another between 30 and 40. That works
because the filter can cut off close to the high edge of the upper band
and still have enough attenuation at the second harmonic of the lower
band which the push pull PA will have minimized making the third
harmonic the critical one for filtering.

So loss of a relay or a dirty relay contact in the low pass filter can
kill transmit on two bands like 10 and 12, or 15 and 17. Its only in the
circuit on transmit so it won't kill receive.

73, Jerry, K0CQ