Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor antenna
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:41:46 -0600
John,

It costs quite a bit more, but a good Magnetic Loop antenna will outperform
a piece of wire indoors.
The down side is the narrow bandwidth of the magnetic loop.
The only commercially available product I know of here is the MFJ-1788.
It covers 40 thru 15 meters.

When my uncle went to assisted living, I built him a magnet loop.
He was able to continue to maintain his daily skeds on 40m SSB, even though
he had only 100w and the indoor loop.

In Europe there are a couple of additional sources, but their cost and
especially the shipping cost makes them unattractive here.

See: http://mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1788

73
Rick