Re: [TenTec] Original Orion Firmware

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Original Orion Firmware
From: Mark DeBord <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:04:17 -0400
I used the beta version 1.373b5. Beginning with V2.057, distortion was
introduced on the main receiver. As mentioned earlier in another post, adding
hang time helped, but it was not 100% clear. This was a major show stopper for
me.

I know you want to move forward with V2 code, but the V1 software was pretty
good, except for a checksum error produced when changing the BW when running
the scope. The scope itself was very sluggish when moving the VFO. Other than
that, V1 was a winner for my use.

Thanks,
Mark KA4ICK