[TenTec] Orion II T/R Relay Noise Reduction Ideas?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II T/R Relay Noise Reduction Ideas?
From: "fraz1" <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:42:26 -0500
Hi Folks....

No, my relay noise is NOT loud......at all.

But, I'm spoiled.  My first original Orion was perfectly quiet in QSK mode.  I
could place my ear on the top cover and nothing, nada.

I have had two Orion II's and both have an audible relay click when using QSK.
It is not annoying or loud, but I'd like to improve on it, if reasonably
possible.

The same T/R relay has been used in both Orion models.  It is made exclusively
for TT by US Relays and Technology Inc.  It is tubular and hard wired to the
rear PCB.  TT claims no change has been made in the relay or mounting method.

Has anyone played with this, and been successful?  If so, please share your
method.

Thanks, and 73..........John W4II