Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus

To: Natan <w6xr@frontiernet.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI plus
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
Since you have an Orion II, keeping it is up to you.  This is one radio that I
will not part with, however - that and my Drake "C Line" and TenTec 516 and
"6N2" - and I don't see enough added value in either the Orion or Omni VII to
warrant the price.  That's just me, though.

The Omni VI+ has lost some value, due to the introduction of the Omni VII and
Orions, and there have been a number of them on the market as owners trade up
to either of these radios.

You might check the archives of this list to see what people have been asking
for them lately.  I'd guess $1,200-1,500; with all of the filter slots filled
it's probably a CW op's delight, like mine.

73 de Jim - AD6CW