Re: [TenTec] Prices

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Prices
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:35:16 -0500
Some of the Tentec radio is built exactly like a PC with miniature
aluminum electrolytics that have limited lifetimes already showing up in
the Omni II. Gold plated edge connectors typical of PCs may be more
reliable connections than tin plated pins and sockets. The logic
circuitry and the DSP have wide parallel busses for digital data just
like a PC. Of course, all is on printed or etched circuit boards with
double and multiple layers with plated through holes to connect the layers.

73, Jerry, K0CQ