Re: [TenTec] Yamaha CM-500

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yamaha CM-500
From: Reed Krenn <reed.krenn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:31:09 -0400
I didn't know what the CM-500 was, so I went to Yamaha's website. Here is a
quote from the description:

"Combining closed-ear, noise-reducing headphones with a sensitive dynamic
microphone, CM500 creates the ideal choice for audience-interactive DJs or
school music labs. Crafted with high-impact materials and an ultra flexible
headband, its solid construction withstands repetitive twisting and hard use
found in music labs and on the dance floor."

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail.html?CNTID=37726

Given the expertise (which I greatly respect) of the individuals weighing in
here on the reflector, I'm inclined to think the marketeers at Yamaha got it
wrong

-- Reed / WW3A