Re: [TenTec] Memphis Via Sevierville (OT)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Memphis Via Sevierville (OT)
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:56:14 -0600
Thanks Carl for bailing me out.  I had not driven the Interstates up
that way in awhile.  Even before Interstates, once you get down off the
moutains and hills past Knoxville, you go down on pretty straight open
roads across to Memphis.  Used to ride that way with parents going to
see my Grandmother in North Carolina.

One year we would go the northern route through Memphis, and another
year we would do the Southern route from TX to LA, MS, AL, GA, and then
up to NC.

Going across from Memphis as you got nearer to TN/ NC border, you saw
"See Rock City", and "See Ruby Falls" signs beside the road, like the
old Burma Shave signs.
I finally, one summer, got to see Rock City and Ruby Falls outside
Chattanooga.  I think my parents encouraged my sister and I to count
those signs as a way to keep us behaving.
73,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH