Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ the best and other great radios
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 06:38:39 -0600 (CST)
Even some recent kit transceivers have become obsolete because key components,
usually some processor chip, is no longer available.  Most electronics,
including transceivers, have become like PCs, obsolete in about 18 months,
replacement rather than repair is economical option.  High density surface
mount construction and short production life parts make repair too costly if it
is even feasible.

I love my old Triton IV, Omni VII, and Dell PC.  But when they die, a decent
burial is probably all that's reasonable.

GL & 73, Curt KB5JO