Re: [TenTec] Sidetone thump

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sidetone thump
From: "Walt K8CV" <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 09:46:26 -0500
What you need is an old TELEPHONE handset. Unscrew the receiver cap and you
will find flat round thing that will drop into your hand or my have some
wires attached to it. Look for a little black thing across the terminals.
Little fatter than a resistor and has 100A on it. Carefully remove it and
discard the handset unless you need a carbon mike. Put the little 100A
across the headphone line of your Corsair or you can make up an adapter
using a male stereo plug and a female stereo jack to plug the headset into.
Connect the little 100A across the headset line. Inside the 100A is just two
diodes, back to back, so they clip the pop and let audio through. And it is
FREE !

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.