Re: [TenTec] Keyer Fo Omni V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keyer Fo Omni V
From: Tony Berg <tony.w1ot@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:14:30 -0500
Hi Ron,

Could it be something as simple as the Omni V needing to be in CW
mode? Does the Omni V key if you remove the keyer-to-Omni V cable at
the keyer end and short its contacts together? If not, try plugging
the cable at the Omni V end into the RTTY KEY jack, which is wired in
parallel with the KEY jack. On my Omni V, I found that through use,
the KEY jack can break away from the PCB it is soldered to. Basically,
before trying the keyer, verify that the Omni V keys with either the
KEY or RTTY KEY  jack's contacts connected together.

If that's not it, make sure that the internal jumper in the Econo
Keyer is wired for solid state transmitters and not grid block keyed
ones. See paragraph 7. on page 2 of the Econo Keyer II manual. Please
advise if any of this helps you, but to answer your question, I highly
recommend a Logikey keyer from Idiom Press, either in semi-kit or
finished form.

73, Tony  W1OT