Re: [TenTec] Collins prices

To: Ten Tec List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Collins prices
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:52:30 +0000
I sold over 30 pieces of Collins 5 or 6 yrs ago

in all states of repair.  The Collins Collectors club

and web site give RATINGS for the condx of rigs

and any serious collector will want to know the

rating of yours re that standard.

For the KWM-2A:

super mint with Rockwell Collins name plate $4000.

super mint round $2000 to $3000.

It goes down from there... beware of being beaten

down due to surface paint scratches because

cases are routinely painted (with Collins paint !!!)

with little drop in price.  No gouges into metal !

HOWEVER, the remote VFO is a rare item (I had 6)

and could be bid up to $2000 or more for mint.

30L-1 is oh-hum regardless of condx.

Sadly, demand and prices have gone down due

to collectors die off.  What I say here is

absolutely top end.  Regular or mid condx drops

price by half or more, Waters Q-Mult and extra

crystals are a plus.   GL  73

Charles Harpole k4vud@hotmail.com