Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Headphone RFI Filter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 Headphone RFI Filter
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 19:37:19 -0700
I received my OII 11/15/06 and the headphone filter was still not installed
at factory - SN 07C10266. But no matter what , I agree with Ron - get the
board - they have designed it so it just a matter of unplugging and
replugging a cable and putting in a couple screws . Each side is an
identical two section cascaded low pass PI network - all surface mount - two
series inductors and 3 shunt capacitors. Inductors are marked 4R7 (DCR 1
ohm) and 471J (DCR 22.9 ohms) - can't tell you what the chip caps are - no
markings.This was a filter board received on 4/7/2007.It completely
eliminated any trace of RF on headphone leads - which was a big problem at a
KW on 10 meters with beam about 45 feet above the Orion.

73 de Hank K7HP