[TenTec] Omni VI opt3 and 160m test

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI opt3 and 160m test
From: John <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:37:55 -0500
Was playing on 160 this weekend with my Omni VI opt 3. I got this rig used,
fully stuffed with Inrad filters about 2 yrs ago.  I don't know how
many  TenTec reflector readers were on 160 this weekend, but the band was
FULL of signal situations that tax a receiver. 60 over nine local
blowtorches  immediately adjacent S0 DX.

I had both 250hz filters on, and the ability of this radio to handle
worst-case situations such as these is still remarkable to me, even after
thousands of QSOs with it.

An Omni VI outfitted with a nice compliment of filters has to be the best
bargain in ham radio these days.  No, it doesn't have a fishfinder, but man
can it perform.

John K5MO