Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair display problem- help needed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair display problem- help needed
From: KEN RINDFLEISCH <rindfleisch457@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:32:19 -0700
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair display problem- help needed> > From a fellow
ham in U.K.:> - relay by Stuart, K5KVH-> "snowy.howell@openreach.co.uk wrote:>
>> > I have a Ten Tec Corsair 1 (badge KW here in the UK) that has > > a
digital readout problem, it shows all 'E,s', I have replaced all of > > the
caps on counter and time base board, I have also replaced the > > large counter
chip, (at £45) as I was advised by Ten Tec that this > > might be the cause of
the problem, still have a problem, the radio > > transmits and receives
properly.> >> > I was also advised to change the 2n3866 transistors and 1n4148
> > diodes on the board (sorry I am doing this at work so I cant remember > >
the board number) that has the frequency change wafers on it, still no > >
joy.> >> > Getting frustrated as to the cause so any help from you or the > >
Ten Tec users/operators/repairers fraternity will be greatly appreciated.> >> >
I can be contacted on this email address or my home one, > >
snowy.howell@btinternet.com> >> > Thanks in anticipation> >> > 73> >> > Snowy