Re: [TenTec] Confusion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Confusion
From: Jim Lowman <jmlowman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 13:42:05 -0700
Dave Heil wrote:
> Jim Lowman wrote:
>

>> Aside from that, the default on this list is that replies go to the list
>> and not to the sender.  So
>> more than 1,300 list members have to read what should have been a
>> private communication.
>>

> There are always those who are new to the reflector and who are going to
> make errors.  This reflector isn't set up in a manner which makes it
> easy to reply to posters of items.  If I hit my "reply" button, the
> address which appears is that of the reflector.  If I hit the "reply
> all" button, only the reflector address appears.  This is in contrast to
> the many other reflectors to which I subscribe.
>
> Finally, more than 1300 list members receive (but do not have to read)
> the series of chastisements which are generated by a simple mistake.
>
> Dave Heil K8MN
There are two schools of thought as to how replies are to be directed.
I happen to side with the
one that says that replies should go to the list, so that everyone can
benefit from the exchange of
information.

It does involve a bit more work to reply to an individual, but it can be
done.

Finally, the fact that the list operates in this way is explained to
each new member when he joins
the list, by way of the about/rules that is sent automatically.

73 de Jim - AD6CW