Re: [TenTec] Better Bulb Life in TenTec 229, 238 Tuners

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Better Bulb Life in TenTec 229, 238 Tuners
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:23:09 -0500
Ralph,
Pardon me if this is a silly question, but you've confused me a bit...

First, you say:

Ralph Matheny wrote:
>  I'd never want a diode of *any* [my emphasis added] flavor inside an
antenna tuner if I
>  could avoid it. Everytime I flow current thru a diode I get NOISE
>  someplace.

Then you say:

>  I've not tried  the new LEDS, they are a bit expensive I
>  think but should be a good solution.

Here's my confusion -- You say you wouldn't have -any- diode inside an
antenna tuner  but then you say an LED should be a good solution. Aren't
LEDs diodes as in (L)ight (E)mitting *(D)IODES*? Won't it also generate
noise, along with the light?

Thanks for any 'light' you may be able to shed on this issue!   :-)