[TenTec] OMNI VII and Heil Pro Headset.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII and Heil Pro Headset.
From: Ernie Piche N1SW <n1sw@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:35:32 -0500
I was fortunate last Christmas to received a Heil Pro headset which is
very nice.  Heres the problem!  I attempted to use it on the OMNI VII
only to find out that I can't use the PTT cable with the rig.  As soon
as you plug the PTT cable into the radio it goes into transmit.  OK,
before anyone asks, yes I have checked the wiring!  I had to build an
interface cable so I could use the mic/headset with the omni mic
connector.  I have tried various configurations of connections for the
ground leads and still no success.  Soooooooooooo  I had to make an
external PTT switch connection to the mic jack and it works fine.  Also
my D 104 works fine.

Before I contact Heil, has anyone else had this situation come up?

Thanks
73 Ernie
N1SW