Re: [TenTec] While we're on the subject of 1208

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] While we're on the subject of 1208
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:30:00 -0400
There isn't really a concrete answer for that yet.

Some of our kits have been discontinued simply because they've run their
course and after 10+ years available aren't selling well any longer.
Others we've been having issues with obtaining parts to pack them and
appears it won't be reversible.  With the worldwide changeover to
lead-free surface mount many of the traditional through-hole parts are
either disappearing from the market and/or the price continues to
increase.  Many of the kits we have available we'll continue to pack and
sell but I predict the retail price will continue to climb.  The 1208
transverter kit was a victim of both of those; 50 MHz coverage is common
on HF transceivers now and the price of some parts is as much as 10x
higher than they were when the kit was introduced in 1995.

73
Scott Robbins
W4PA