[TenTec] V2.061f Audio Distortion/AGC Popping

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] V2.061f Audio Distortion/AGC Popping
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:39:23 -0500
Thanks to Paul (K3SF) for a note on another Orion reflector about this problem.
He had done a "reset" to resolve the same problem (audio distortion). Although
I had done a "Master Rest," I did a "Ram Clear" and then reloaded V2.031f. The
I did another "Ram Clear" and a power off/on. I am no longer hearing the audio
distortion, which to me sounded like strong AGC popping on audio/noise peaks. I
had been using V1.373b5. I don't have an explanation as to why this worked, but
it did. Thanks Paul.

The keying sidetone noise remains.
73, Merle - W0EWM