Re: [TenTec] Omni 6

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:47:04 -1000
Thomas,  have gotten many replies and most all say the early models had
a lot of birdie problems, some could be fixed and some not, since mine is
an early one I suspect I will try some of the mods and see if they work,
The birdies are low level, on a noisy band not too noticable, but on a
quiet band they are same strength as a weak signal.  I can notch them out
or even tune them out with the passband tuning, but an aggravation.
The 6 Plus was better contruction with better boards etc. so it elminated
the birdie problem from what I understand.  I have the plus chips and
logic board and TCXO but the early boards in the rest.
Thanks  73 Merv