Re: [TenTec] Station Grounding

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station Grounding
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:09:04 -0600
Agreed! For the life of me, I will Never understand why there is so much
debate in the Ham Radio Community regarding this issue. In the
Professional World, there is no debate at all. We look very foolish to
outsiders when we incessantly and incorrectly pontificate about matters
that have already been settled from an engineering perspective. The NEC
requires all grounds to be bonded. Just do it. You'll be a lot safer. As
AA4NU suggests, Polyphasor is a good resource. Here's another:

http://www.nautel.com/Resources/Docs/Whitepapers/lightningprotection.pdf

I apologize to those that have seen this debate here before. However, my
conscience requires that I comment when I know that people are putting
themselves and their families at risk.

Stay Safe! 73,
Mike,
NM7X