Re: [TenTec] code speed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] code speed
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:53:32 -0700
I have and continue to use my cousin Jack's Vibroplex that he used in the
Pacific during WW2.  In the case is a Speed Key Certificate issued to him by
the Army Air Forces Headquarters, 71st Army Airways Communications Systems
Group, AFO 502.  It was issued 1 July, 1944.  On the back it says, "This
certificate will be revoked for any of the following offenses:
Improper adjustment of Speed Key.
Transmitting at a speed above twenty five groups per minute.
Refusal to use hand key when requested.
Refusal to decrease transmitting speed when requested.
Loss of ability to use Speed Key."

Unfortunately Jack died last year, so I can't ask him what speed he usually
sent.

Jim, W8KGI