Re: [TenTec] TX EQ = -14 dB for PSK31

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TX EQ = -14 dB for PSK31
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:19:09 -0800
An ALC won't introduce any more sidebands to PSK-31 signal than the amount
of sidebands it would add to a CW signal in the form of additional key
clicks over and above those caused by the initial generation of the pulse.
While this is a problem on radios like the older FT-1000 MKV's, it has never
been reported as a problem with TT and specifically with Orions.  In fact,
the Orions seem to have just the opposite problem: a fairly slow-acting ALC.

      Ron N6IE
 www.N6IE.com
(Formerly N6AHA)