Re: [TenTec] TenTec] TX EQ = -14 dB for PSK31

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec] TX EQ = -14 dB for PSK31
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:52:13 EST
Interesting that you leave the transmit power at 100w and control the  output
by reducing the audio drive.  Wouldn't that underdrive the output  and
introduce non-linearities? I have always reduced the Orion power output to  25w
and
then adjusted the audio drive to just below the ALC lighting up.  I  don't
remember having to change settings from band to band.

What say list? Which is the better way to control the PSK output?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA