Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:30:05 -1000
Hi Gary,

Yes you can listen to two frequencies an once. I used to do this with my
Heath SB-301, SB401 with modified VFO switching. However they are both
coming from the same antenna and through the same front end / mixer / IF
/ detector and audio stages. You could use this to listen to your CQ
frequency while you search the band with the other VFO. You cannot use
this for diversity receive, listening to one frequency with two antennas
and receivers. (although you can combine/phase multiple antennas into
one receiver, which is not the same as diversity reception)

DE N6KB