[TenTec] Ten Tec supplied documentation

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec supplied documentation
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:05:57 -1000
Come to think of it, do any of Ten-Tec's manuals include parts lists? I
only own about a half dozen Ten-Tec products, and have manuals for most
of them. I don't recall seeing a parts list in any of them, except for
the lists included on each schematic, which are brief and do not provide
much information. I am also curious about pictures and block diagrams.
One of the older manuals I have, for a Paragon II, includes some glossy
black and white photos of the radio with the covers off. The manuals I
have for my Omni VI have photos of individual printed circuit boards,
but none of the assembled radio. Also some manuals include a functional
block diagram (which helps a lot to understand the signal flow in the
rig) and others do not, just having an interconnection diagram, which is
about as easy to follow as the wiring diagrams in Chilton's and Haynes
automobile service books. All of my Ten-Tec gear, and all but one of the
manuals were bought used, so I don't know whether some of the pages were
removed and posted on the wall at a previous owners shack.

Perhaps some of you who have bought your Ten-Tec gear new from the
factory can tell me, does Ten-Tec have a consistent manual format? If so
what is normally included in the manual? Photos? Parts lists (sub
assemblies, electronic components, mechanical parts)? Block diagrams?
List of available options (such as filters)?

Thanks,

N6KB