Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 46, Issue 45

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 46, Issue 45
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:39:01 -0500
Hi John,

If you are going to run that wire down to a ground rod, you might try
using coax instead. Attach the center conductor Only at the rig end, and
connect Both the shield And the center conductor at the ground rod end.
Another variation is to connect the center conductor Only at both the
rig and ground rod ends, and then use a .1 or .01 mfd. capacitor to
connect between the shield and the Center conductor at the ground rod
end, or both ends.

When I had my ham shack on the second floor, this configuration worked
for me.

Good Luck, and please let us know of your progress!

73,

Mike
NM7X

Message: 3