[TenTec] Orion II worked great in Cal QSO Party!

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II worked great in Cal QSO Party!
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 19:44:03 -0700
I did several hours in the California QSO Party this weekend (all SSB), which
was the first real contest work-out for the Orion II and 2.037j software, and
the results were spectacular...616 QSO's, 57 multipliers!  The new Speech
Processor kicks out a wall of sound with a Heil HC5, especially with some
pre-processing.  No hints of the front end getting clobbered, even on 75 meters
at night where all the signals were huge, or on 20 where QRM was shoe-horned in
everywhere.  Even the NB worked well with the big signals.  For the first time,
I used the NR and it did actually help on some of the real weak ones on 15
meters.  No crashes, no problems...worlds better than my old TS-870 that I have
used in previous years.

Now if we could only get that Notch inside the AGC loop...

Ron N6AHA