[TenTec] Orion2 Problem with indication of the analog meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion2 Problem with indication of the analog meter
From: "Nikolai Kuprin_UA9KM" <ua9km@ongp.ru>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:45:24 +0600
Hello ALL!
I am the new user of this transceiver. My previous transceiver - Kenwood
ts850.

On a problem about which I want to tell, has paid attention when has
connected the transceiver to the power amplifier.

For reception of the maximal target capacity of the PA it is enough to
submit from the transceiver of 20-25 watt. Adjusting target capacity of the
transceiver up to a level of 25 watt I receive the maximal target capacity
of the PA. This level shows the ORION II screen display. During same time
the analog meter of the transceiver shows 50 watt, i.e. the level of
indications of an analog meter is higher in 2 times.

In case of use of the transceiver without the PA, exposing a level of 100
watt on the screen display, the arrow of the analog meter deviates sharply
to the right against the stop.  It can lead to technical malfunction of the
analog meter.

I now doubt of correctness of indications of S-meter because the analog
indicator shows all signals 59+40 and more.

What your recommendations for elimination of the  problem?

Nikolai, UA9KM

PS/  am sorry for my weak English.....