[TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,qrp-l <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy I "Thump"?
From: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:20:44 -0700 (PDT)
I've been messing with my Argosy I off and on for
about a year now.  I did do the inductor mod on the AF
board; but got alot of 60Hz noise, inspite of clipping
the AC wires going into the radio.  So out it came.  I
did mess with some of the caps though, in an attempt
to tighten up the response, as I'm primarily
interested in CW on this rig.  C34 -> 39nF, C35 ->
0.22uF, and C40 got a second 470pF cap across it.

I still get a bit of 60Hz, so I'm guessing I should
looking at the power supply, maybe I've got a bit too
much ripple there.  Will do later.

While the QSK is really nice, it sounds like a thump
going into recieve.  Is this normal for Argosy's, or
did I, by changing the AF chain, introduce this thump?
 I'm a very infrequent operator, and haven't turned it
on in a long time.

Shawn Upton, KB1CKT