Re: [TenTec] Scout current drain?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout current drain?
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:07:11 -0400
current drain as follows:
3 Watts (turned all the way down): 4 amps
10 Watts: 6 amps
20 watts: 7.5 amps
46 watts (turned up full): 10 amps

  The Scout can be operated on battery power. I have successfully
sported 7 AH batts for an afternoon of operating (using two 7AH
batts, one on solar charge, one on radio, the operating time is
limitless, er .. as long as the Sun is up)
Using a 60AH batt will last you all weekend (FD??)

Power setting is first consideration to length of operating time!!

I have successfully made QSO's at all these power settings.

Ron, wb1hga