Re: [TenTec] "Tall these problems??"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "Tall these problems??"
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:03:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2006 11:15:11 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Kc9cdt@aol.com writes:

Sorry  you guys really don't understand what is going on here. The Orion is a

special animal, not a standard run of the mill rag chew radio that you  just
turn on & use. (And take what you get, and if there is an issue  it does not
get
fixed!).

We are discussing positive and negative  about Orion and all issues to better
understand where the problems are,  and to work together to 1) understand
what
is going on, 2) see if someone  found a way around it, 3) to be sure we sent
an
accurate report to  DitsnBits regarding firmware issues.

===

I agree that if there is a problem, then it should be brought up for a bit
and seen if it can be duplicated, then sent off to "those who can fix it" for
correction.  my problem is that the same 6 or 8 guys, continue to beat it  to
death in post after post .  Put it out there and  give the folks at  Ten Tec a
chance to fix it.

I love my Orion, and it works well, I tried 2.055 and got the loud
scratchies, so I put 1.372 back in and wait for the problem to be  addressed.
several
folks have mentioned this hiccup so I let it go from  there.

but to read the same guys complaining about the same stuff over and over is
getting depressing.   lets try something different.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE BES ABOUT YOUR ORION OR ORION  II??      HOW DO YOU MAKE IF
DO WHAT YOU LIKE,  WHAT ARE THE FAVORITES SETTINGS FOR CW AND SSB AND RTTY

Lets share the goodness we find in our Ten Tecs, and make every Sunday  a
"Ten Tec is the best radio made " day.  I have the Orion, a scout,  a corsair
II, and an Omni D in the shack along with several other brands.   I use the
scout for fun, the corsair for checking into nets ( the PTO does  not have  the
phase noise hiss that a synthesized frequency  generation has  so I leave it on
in the background with out that tiring  hiss.), I use the Orion for dx and
contesting, and the omni is my new toy to  play with, It may end up in the
living
room as a casual  listening rig, I'm  not sure yet.

The folks at Ten Tec do a good job, the radios work well and folks, its a
hobby.  no one will die if the monitor has to be set to 2 instead of 5 or  the
mic has to be set at 25 instead of 50.

These are fine radios, what do you appreciate the most about yours, do you
have a century 21, or a 6n2 , what do you think is the best TT ever made, the
omni VI +??   what do you have.

73 and bestest regardses

tom N6AJR