Re: [TenTec] Observatons

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Observatons
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:19:29 -0800
Mine occurred on 40 metres into a 253 tuner that had been working for other
QSOs and on 20 metres into a SteppIR without the tuner.  In 2 of the 3 cases
a power cycle of the Orion was all that was needed.  In the 3rd case a
complete reset was required.

I haven't yet encountered it on CW but I've had very few contacts on CW
since installing 2.055.

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk

From:   Tom Berry <tberry1@triad.rr.com>
Date:   Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:44:03 -0500

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:27:47 -0800, you wrote:

>However, this weekend my original Orion encountered the "keying-loop"
>problem.  (A problem that seems to be shared by both Orion platforms.)  I
>was worried I'd done some significant damage to my Hercules II.  The
>solution was re-cycle the Orion.  Later yesterday it occurred for a 3rd
time
>(3 times in 105 contest-type QSOs) and required a complete Master Reset.

Rick,

Does it occur after you press the "TUNE" button in SSB mode?

On mine that's when the keying loop stays on.  This doesn't happen in
CW.

When it occurs mine can be reset by cycling the radio power.

73 Tom AA4VV