Re: [TenTec] NR - Fact or Fiction?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NR - Fact or Fiction?
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:36:15 -0500 (EST)
My two cents worth.....best described ny my Orion experience.  When the
Radio first came...I hit the NR button and was VERY impressed with what
it could do.  In a couple weeks...after I learned how to "fly" the beast,
I pushed the NR button and there wasn't much difference.  Havn't used it
since.  Reason:  As W4ZV said I had created the required filter for the
situation manually, and as far as I know I've actually learned to do that
better than the firmware does.  After all, the firmware has no real idea
of my ears, state of mental skills, etc.  I do it my way.  One of the
great things about the Orion is the fact that it ALLOWS YOU to create
just what you need for the job at hand.

They can remove the button from my radio...if they can just stop the
thing from crashing when I change from 80 to 160.

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750