Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's going on with the O2?
From: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
QST recently did another review of the Flex Radio.
It's definitely not yet a good rig for CW.
One can not even get satisfactory CW T/R switching
times with an average computer while using the Flex.
They had to upgrade the computer they used with the
radio. You can certainly forget about QSK, at least at
this point of time in its development..

Comparing the FlexRadio with the Orion I or II is
certainly an apples to oranges comparison.

BTW, What do folks mean that Ten-Tec has nothing to
offer? A bit elitist isn't it?

I guess they forgot about all those "low end" users
who would consider the Jupiter, their other rigs and
their amps/tuners, etc.

Heck, I recently bought/built Ten-Tec's T-Kit 2 mtr
rig, the only complete 2 meter synthesized rig "built"
in the USA.

73,

Doug/WA1TUT