[TenTec] Real radar solution

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Real radar solution
From: "Kirby Van Horn" <k7ec@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:39:53 -0500
Ron,

I hate to point this out to you so late in the discussion, but if you like
to speed ( and a lot of us DO, being former fighter pilots etc.), why don't
you just solve the problem permanently and  buy a Valentine One Radar
detector? I own two of them, and they are just amazing!! The company is
owned by one of our fellow hams, W8DD. I have recommended them to one of my
friends who had lost his drivers license due to too many points (for
speeding), now he has his drivers licences back, and hasn't had a speeding
ticket since the purchase of his own Valentine One Radar Detectors! Mike
Valentines web site is: http://www.valentine1.com . When you buy these
detectors, you are not stuck with a piece of junk! They will update the
innards for a nominal fee to the latest version(or if the change is too
great to modify the old one economically, they will just give you the new
version at a very reduced price!!) (I did that with my first one, WHAT A
DIFFERENCE!!) You can check their website with your serial number to see if
an update is available, so again it is no-hassle. The detector uses DSP to
separate the various signals, keep track of up to 8 of them, and tell you
which direction the radar is coming from, relative to your position,  It
also virtually eliminates the "junk" signals from automatic door openers
etc. If it is not a real police signal (ie a heterodine etc), it displays a
"J" for junk. It also works on lasers. I also recommend that you get the
remote display which plugs into the cigarette lighter, so that other drivers
won't tailgate you to read the display on your Valentine One (They usually
do this becase they know what it is and that it really works!!)

I have no affiliation with Valentine One whatsoever and only recommend their
Valentine One because I love both of the ones I own!

So just bite the bullet, solve the problem, and get yourself some real
protection against overly zealous policemen who have a quota to fill!!

73 es Gud DX on X, K, Ka, and Laser,

Kirby, K7EC