Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:00:59 -0700
Hey Roy,

Anticipating RFI, knowing what it is and understanding what to do about it
is far different from what the folks who complain about it on the internet
ham forums such as this. If you begin with the premise that good design
parameters are met and exceeded in all radio design that pass FCC type
requirements, take all other complaints with a grain of salt. You will
likely admire the construction quality of all this rfi prone gear. Once
you've beheld the construction, you will likely recognise other subtleties,
if you care to compare them with the others. The successful operator will
recognise and enjoy a plethora of benefits.
I currently operate a Jupiter and Metron solid state amp in the shack with
conventional antennae. I use a Scout and a Metron in the car using
hamsticks.