Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:25:07 -0400
I have never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed but after
reading the manual and pretty much using the Orion default set-up the rig
has been performing perfectly for about 1 year now.

I have played around changing settings without problems...have never had to
reset this Orion either.

This is my second Orion....2004 vintage...my earlier unit had several
problems that weren't resolved after a trip to Ten Tec. So what did Ten Tec
do???  They sent me a brand new Orion.

This radio has worked beautifully since I received it....the receiver IMHO
is much better than my OMNI VI/3 (which I owned for 9 years)and the QSK is
great.

I wonder if YAECOMWOOD would simply replace your radio without a hassle???

I guess some folks have had issues with their Orions....I wonder how many
problems have been caused by cockpit error.....uh oh....better not go there
(grin)

At my stage in life (60) this will probably be the last HF rig I will ever
need....and I am the eternal optimist about life expectancy (grin)

Now I wish Ten Tec would come out with a full featured satellite radio with
all the bands and bells and whistles....I'd buy one for sure.

Did I mention that I love my Argonaut V???

                                        73, Joe W2KJ
                                        A content Orion owner/user/list
lurker