Re: [TenTec] WTB: OmniC & tale of woe

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB: OmniC & tale of woe
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike.hyder.n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:00:04 -0400
A number of years ago I was in Sevierville at the Ten-Tec factory in the
"museum room."  Al Kahn was there.  I had gotten a used Hercules 444
amplifier to use with my Omni-C.  The 444 will automatically bandswitch with
the Omni-C (and I think with the first Corsair model) but I was considering
the Corsair II.  I asked Mr. Kahn if the 444 would bandswitch with the
Corsair II...  he said he would check and he called Larry Worth into the
conversation to ask him if they could add another wafer to the bandswitch or
otherwise make it work for me.  Then Mr. Kahn asked me what kind of rig I
was presently using.  I told him I was using an Omni-C.

It was then that he uttered those famous words, "If you've got an Omni-C,
you don't need a Corsair II."

The moral of this story is that anyone who would consider selling his Omni-C
is nuts.

73, Mike N4NT